With warmer temps nearby, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at peak efficiency, it can cut a big amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically increase your costs and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your James Heating & A/C, Inc professional perform air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system running efficiently for the long haul. He or she can be sure the unit is working properly and can identify potential issues before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your skilled air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could harm your system and leave you needing large repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they may inhibit airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any aspect of it.
During the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them each month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have different needs when talking about air filter replacement, varying on things like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also make sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you have a comfy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer has in store. Give the team at James Heating & A/C, Inc a call at 336-853-6070.