In Lexington you count on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a routine maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be needing a furnace service
visit in the near future. At the very least, you probably have a dirty air filter, which can impede air flow and influence your furnace’s efficiency. It could even cause problems with your furnace’s control switch, which works furnace operation.
There are a lot of other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve compiled some indicators for you to search for. The sooner you can call for a heat pump repair, the better. Call in a pro, like James Heating & A/C, Inc, if you notice any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it working all the time? Is the air blowing through as easily as it should, or does it seem tired? Symptoms related to your blower could signify a slight problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you hiking up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a issue with your thermostat. It might be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a problem with your gas source or your pilot light, amid other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts operating noisily or generating noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be trouble.
- You smell gas. You certainly don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, cut off your furnace right away and turn off its gas supply. Stay clear from lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company looks at it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Usually this is a obstructed condensation line. This could require both plumbing and HVAC pros to solve.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is increasing, but your usage is not, there could be a number of complications. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these indicators, you’ll know when you need to setup furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call James Heating & A/C, Inc at 336-853-6070 when you need to setup repairs or regular maintenance.