During the cooler Lexington months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it does, a simple call to James Heating & A/C, Inc will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call James Heating & A/C, Inc ASAP if you see any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility costs, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from James Heating & A/C, Inc can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call James Heating & A/C, Inc at 336-853-6070 or book an appointment with us online.