Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To enahance your comfort and really relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Lexington is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While James Heating & A/C, Inc always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace it per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call James Heating & A/C, Inc in Lexington at 336-853-6070 today.