It seems as though we are ever-connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or scrolling Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be taken advantage of for simple conveniences like being informed when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and alter the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically alter the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to evolve, they will more than likely become even more common. And why not? They do provide a variety of perks and allow you to have the most control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re not so that you can get the most savings possible. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can count on your system to tell you when there is a problem or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are created for easy integration across a number of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can pick the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to develop like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a variety of bonuses that can help increase your comfort, potentially lower your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to set up air conditioner service. James Heating & A/C, Inc in Lexington has a number of thermostats to select from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 336-853-6070.