As spring rolls around, you could be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Lexington? Even if your AC equipment is recently purchased or was running well last season.
Here’s one way to think about it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never have to book any work for it, such as getting new oil or putting on new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s a piece of equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a automobile, it can develop leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your unit inspected seasonally by a James Heating & A/C, Inc tech can help locate little problems before they turn into major malfunctions. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is placed outside, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly lower your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a specialist to take care of complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your system can force it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy needs—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could lengthen your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the long run, since you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps find minor issues before they become large, expensive troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely inspect pieces and perform a cycle of air conditioning performance tests. These in-depth processes often allow us to locate problems before they become big troubles that cause a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free operation throughout the summer. After your AC is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is ready to deliver worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this service, your system is open to early breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC tune-up should include a check and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and parts:
- Full unit order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Today with James Heating & A/C, Inc
Today is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our James Heating & A/C, Inc pros a ring at 336-853-6070 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your home, make sure to browse our special offers for savings on your upcoming service.