Having routine air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Lexington summertime, have the experts at James Heating & A/C, Inc perform your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of unlawfully releasing it to the air.
- Check for efficient airflow through the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We advise looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call James Heating & A/C, Inc today at 336-853-6070.