A mini-split system can be a great addition to your home. Unlike central forced-air systems, mini-splits don’t need the maze of air ducts to provide comfortable indoor temperatures. Instead, you can install one or several units in the rooms or spaces that need them most. But where exactly are the ideal spots for ductless mini-split installation?
It can depend somewhat on the design of your home as well as what rooms you use most. But overall, there are lots of spaces that are perfect for a mini-split system. When you’re ready to begin the process of installing ductless mini-splits in your home, count on local pros like James Heating & A/C, Inc for quick, efficient service.
Why a Ductless Mini-Split Is Worth Installing in Your Home
Mini-split systems are an attractive alternative for many homeowners thanks to their unique benefits, such as:
- Compact size: Like the name implies, mini-splits don’t take up as much room as central air conditioners or furnaces. They’re great for smaller homes, tight spaces and people who don’t like a lot of noise from their HVAC system.
- Energy efficiency: Many mini-splits are ENERGY STAR®-rated for exceptional energy efficiency. Installing a mini-split may help you reduce your monthly bill.
- Lack of ductwork: Some homes lack adequate or efficient ductwork, and installation is pricey. Mini-splits don’t need ductwork, and you’ll avoid having to deal with clogs.
- Air conditioner and heat pump models: Mini-splits come in a wide range of designs. For example, mini-split air conditioners are for cooling only. Other models are mini-split heat pumps that can transfer heat both in and out of your home.
The Eight Best Places to Install a Ductless Mini-Split System
- Bedroom: A cool, comfortable bedroom is a huge part of a good night’s sleep. A mini-split air conditioner can generate plenty of cooling without making noise or a big impact on your energy bill.
- Basement: Many basements are unfinished, and a ductless mini-split is more affordable than all the costs associated with finishing it.
- Attic: Like the basement, attics can be drafty or muggy compared to the rest of the house. A mini-split can keep attics comfortable for storage or other uses.
- Home Office: With working from home becoming more popular, a mini-split may be a great addition for your home office. While in your home office, you can use the mini-split and keep the rest of the HVAC system on standby.
- New Addition: Large renovations sometimes need additional ductwork or equipment to ensure comfortable temperatures. A mini-split can be one of the easiest, most affordable options to accomplish this
- Sunroom: Sunrooms or three-season rooms are wonderful spaces to relax. A mini-split heat pump can help maintain mild temperatures during hot summer days and cold winter nights.
- Garage: When working on the car, lawnmower or some other project, a mini-split system in your unfinished garage can help you stay focused on the task at hand.
- Workshop: Woodshops, hobby rooms and similar spaces aren’t used every day. Rather than pay to keep them cozy 24/7, a ductless mini-split system can be used as needed.
Try Mini-Split Installation from James Heating & A/C, Inc Today
The compact size and high energy efficiency of a mini-split system could be useful for your comfort needs. To begin the installation process, give the local experts at James Heating & A/C, Inc a call today at 336-853-6070. We’ll make sure your mini-split system offers the most benefits possible.